News Flash:
I've added a new feature - you can now upload and download GPX files in trip reports. I will add more GPS features in the coming months. Any suggestions, let me know. Also please review the Terms of Use for the Site. Following is an amended paragraph regarding the GPX files.

You could be seriously injured or die when participating in the activities described herein. Content provided by MountainHandbook may be inaccurate or outdated and MountainHandbook makes no claims or warranties, either express or implied, to the accuracy of any Content. In particular, GPS data such as GPS tracks that can be downloaded and used by you or someone else should first be verified by you that it is functional and accurate before being used for any activity. MountainHandbook is not responsible for any loss or injury resulting from inaccurate data. Your use of this site and its Content is at your own discretion and risk. Be aware that nothing can replace your own judgement in pursuing these activities.

Chrysolite Mountain

Here you will find TR's submitted by members.
Gary Neben
Site Admin

Chrysolite Mountain

Peaks: Chrysolite Mountain 12822

Dates: 12/13/2017

Post by Gary Neben » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Start/End Loc: 1 mile S of Saint Elmo on FSR 295
Distance/Elevation: 6 miles RT/2634 feet elevation gain

This mountain is nicely isolated from other surrounding peaks so, for me, it’s a good candidate for off season hiking. Janet and Jamel joined me for what I hoped would be a reasonable winter-like day. This turned out to be the case and we enjoyed a fine day together.

I had two routes in mind, the N ridge from Saint Elmo and the NW buttress from Romley. The road to Saint Elmo is plowed in winter. We found we were able to drive another 1.1 miles beyond Saint Elmo before I got nervous with the snow covered road. We left the truck in a turnaround spot and continued on foot to Romley and then up the NW buttress of Chrysolite. Some steep climbing and ankle deep snow was the order of the day to tree line, then more steep climbing on scree. There was also about 500 feet of deeper snow we had to be patient with before busting out of the trees.
01_.JPG
02_.JPG
03_.JPG
04_.JPG
05_.JPG
06_.JPG
07_.JPG
ChrysoliteMtn_GPS.JPG
ChrysoliteMtn.gpx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Janet Yanowitz

Re: Chrysolite Mountain

Post by Janet Yanowitz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Fun, fun! Thanks for getting us out before the snow was too deep.

andrewrose
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Chrysolite Mountain

Post by andrewrose » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Looks like a fun day! Great photo of you all.